Chess Camp COVID Preventative
click here to
download a copy of the measures listed below
Show up with:
1) a face mask with the attendee's name
If an attendee does not have a mask, one will be provided.
2) individual hand sanitizer with the attendee's name
Group hand sanitizer is available.
3) proper clothes for after lunch outdoor activities.
This should include sun block, a hat with a brim, and a
At the door:
1) temperature checks will be performed
2) Each camper will be quizzed about their present
state of health and any recent exposure possibilities.
Camp layout and procedures:
1) Campers and instructors are required to wear masks
at all times indoors.
2) Instructors will wear masks during outdoor
activities: hiking, frisbee, soccer.
(Campers are not required to wear masks outdoors.)
3) Hand sanitizer will be available at every
table. Campers will be reminded to wash their hands
frequently and keep their hands away from their faces.
4) Bathrooms and other indoor frequently contacted
surfaces will be disinfected while campers are outside and
after each day of camp.
5) Chess pieces, boards and clocks will be collected
after each day of camp. Each day's group of equipment
will be used again only after at least three days of
6) Instruction groups are determined by skill and age;
these groups will be in separate sections on the center and
will have limited intermingling.